Wish List

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Bright colors on a dreary day...

This beautiful background stamp is by Repeat Impressions. It is one that I won from Patti, the wonderful owner of the blog, Cherish Each Precious Day. I decided to stamp it with black Versafine ink and then color it with my ProMarkers. I definitely need more practice, but this was a fun exercise for me, and I always learn a little more about coloring each time I do it.

I don't have a lot of ProMarkers, so I have to be creative when I'm trying to do some shading. For instance, I only have two shades of yellow, so I use my one orange marker to add a deeper color. I love these alcohol markers, though, and hope to do a lot more coloring in 2017.


Here's a little closer look at some of the flowers. If you look closely, you'll see that I added some accents on some of the flowers with a white gel pen.










In this section of my stamped image you can see some more examples of my efforts to be creative: pink and blue together on the big flower and just a little yellow and a tinge of light pink on the tips of the white flower.

You can also see more of the white gel pen accents in this photo.





For the inside of my card, I used a black mat, a Woodware sentiment stamp and a few similar flowers stamped with some bright colored inks.

I'm entering this card into the I Love ProMarkers challenge #325: Anything Goes.

Thank you again, Patti, for the wonderful stamp! For those of you in the U.S. who might be interested in buying some ProMarkers, I believe you can now get them at Michael's. I have also ordered them online from www.carpediemstore.com.

With Christmas done and dusted, it is SO NICE to be back making other kinds of cards. My card stash has been sorely depleted, too, so I really NEED to stay on task and fill it out again.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

10 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice work thanks for sharing!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Really pretty colors..and I like the background stamp too. I like how the white gel sets off some of the details. Very pretty card. Enjoy the time for crafting as things settle down a bit. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love all the pretty flowers! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I have a sight that comes up on Facebook thought you might like this video
http://www.chameleonpens.com/ Enjoy the Eve of our New Year

Darnell said...

That Patti is a sweetie! And you have brilliantly showcased the gift, Cheryl! Beautifully coloring with your markers!! Happy New Year! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

Wow what a gorgeous colourful card Cheryl! Wishing you health and happiness for 2017 x

designbydonna said...

The flowers are beautiful, rich bright colors. I think you do a really good job. I need to do some practice with coloring too, especially the blending. I've not had much success with alcohol based markers.

Furrbster said...

Lovely range of colours used for this bright card! It is such a fun creation.

Thanks for playing along at I love Promarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Glittered Paws said...

Trying to play a little catch up this gray dreary afternoon. Oh love your coloring with the promarkers, you have done an awesome job on the flower collage.

Patti J said...

OMG, Cheryl! I'm so happy that you popped by and linked me back here. I'm ashamed to say that I've fallen SO far behind in my 'blurfing'. I've been working on some projects (13) that may air on HSN on Jan. 10th.....! Your coloring is simply gorgeous! I love what you did with this, and the inside is lovely, as well. You ALWAYS do such a beautiful job finishing the insides of your cards! Thanks again for sharing, and for being such a faithful blogging friend!