Wish List

Friday, December 23, 2016

Just one last post before Christmas...

For today's first card, I used a pre-made 5" X 7" card base that has an overlapping gate-fold front. I turned the card so that the opening was horizontal. Then I put some designer paper on each flap. For my focal image, I dry-embossed a piece of white CS with a freebie embossing folder that came with a magazine (Cardmaking & Papercraft).

After embossing, I chalked the embossed images and then sprayed them with a finishing spray so the chalk wouldn't rub off. I love using chalk to color my images (I used Q-Tips to rub it on) because it adds such a soft look and it's easy to erase when I'm not as careful as I should be.

For the red bow, I embossed just that portion onto some red CS, fussy-cut it out and glued it on top of the white card. I also added a gem to glitz it up a little.



My sentiment was heat-embossed. I'm not sure who made the stamp. It's an old one that I bought used several years ago from a craft store that was going out of business. After matting my embossed piece, I adhered it to the top flap of my gatefold.

I didn't take a photo of the inside of this card because it was very plain--just a stamped sentiment (I was in a hurry!).

My second card features a Spellbinders Shapeabilities die-cut (S4-339) from glitter paper. It seemed like it needed something else, so I drew some graduated lines on either side of it with my glitter pen and added a sparkly gem at the end of each line.

My sentiment (Penny Black, I think) was heat embossed on a strip of snowflake patterned vellum with some purple embossing powder. I LOVE heat-embossing on vellum. It always turns out so crisp and smooth.

The inside panel was matted with some more purple CS and stamped with a Woodware (I think) sentiment.

I'm actually really looking forward to getting started with the Christmas festivities. Ours always include a sledding party. Even the old geezers (like me!) go sledding on a hill not far from our house. Luckily, this year we should have plenty of snow, which is not always the case. In fact, we are supposed to get a couple more inches today. The temperature will be very tolerable on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day--slightly above freezing.

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Both are beautiful cards. The sparkly tree is my favorite. I love the added lines and gems. Have.a Merry Christmas with your family.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are fab Cheryl! I was looking for a 'thinking of you' sentiment like that just recently, so I'll have to have a look for this one.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Your sledding party sounds like great craic! No snow for us, just lots of wind and rain :(

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of your cards - both different - oh the things you do with your silhouette.
Hope you enjoyed your Christmas - and sending best wishes for 2017.