Wish List

Monday, March 18, 2013

Woven basket Easter cards...

My sister has been very busy getting her Easter cards ready to send to family and friends. I always ask her to send me pictures of her cards so that I can share them on Paper Panacea. Well, she sent me a nice bunch of photos of her Easter cards, and I'm so happy to be able to show them to you today.
Here's one of the cards she made with a little woven Easter basket on it. She actually cut the strips of paper, embossed them (using, I think, a wood grain embossing folder) and wove them together to form this sweet little basket. After forming the basket, she added a little ink to the "high" spots for some added dimension.

She attached the handle with a small brad. The trim around the top of the basket is the same ribbon that you see at the bottom of the card.

The lace at the bottom of her card was made with a lifestyle crafts border die.




She made a few of these little basket cards, and here are a couple more:
Don't you love the little flowers she put in this one? The cute little brad framed in a pink diamond on the right is an Easter egg tied up in a ribbon.




















I hope you enjoyed my sister's woven basket cards. I think I'll have to give this technique a try soon! I'll be sharing more of my sister's Easter cards in a couple of future blog posts.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

She did a wonderful job - lovin' these baskets! Your sis is very talented :) Takes after you! Hugs...