Wish List

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My own version of Easter basket cards...

My sister inspired me to try to make an Easter card using an Easter basket as the focal image. I opted not to try weaving my little baskets out of narrow strips of paper the way she did. Instead, I cut the basket from the Doodlecharms cartridge at 3" and ran the bowl part of the basket through my Cuttlebug in the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder.

I also cut the eggs from the Doodlecharms cartridge. The doily was cut using a Lifestyle Crafts die.  The mat behind the doily is made of two papers--the white paper was border punched, adhered to the lavendar polka dot paper and then I inked around them both.

 I wanted to add a little "grass" to the basket. I tried cutting out a couple of different grass images with my Cricut, but I wasn't satisfied with either of them.

Then I remembered that I had the Martha Stewart pine branch punch. I punched out several little branches, arranged them in different directions behind the basket and--voila!--I had grass!


I really love this punch. It punches out a very fine little branch. One of these days I'm going to try making a wreath with these little branches.  If you have used this punch in other ways, I'd love to hear about it. I always want to get the most use possible from the tools I have on hand.














The basket is popped up on foam tape. This photo shows the tiny pieces of foam tape behind the handle of the basket.













I kept the inside of the card simple. I added a punched border at the bottom,  inked around the edges and adhered a self-adhesive flower like the one on the basket.

I'm entering this card in three challenges:
1.) Bitten by the Bug2: Egg-ceptional Easter Eggs

2.) Craftin Desert Divas: Easter Eggstravaganza

3.) Celebrate the Occasion: #104 Happy Easter


This card was so much fun to make that I made two of them!

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

22 comments:

Susan Edwards said...

Cheryl this card is beautiful! I love your basket, those amazing eggs(!), as well as you colors! The eyelet circle is stunning! Thank you for your egg-cellent entry into to the egg challenge at BBTB2.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I like your basket too I will have to try it out also, less time. MKW

Carole Beath said...

A wonderful basket indeed....and I love those eggs.
BTW, I love that little MS punch as well. Makes an awesome wreath. Thanks for sharing your card with BBTB2.
Carole

Julia Aston said...

Oh - LOVE this sweet basket - what a great idea to use the argyle EF! The purple looks great with the brown basket!

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty basket. The embossing folder is perfect for a basket. Your eggs are gorgeous, too. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.Stephanie

Adrian said...

2 cute, awesome job, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Scrapping Girl said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Love the embossing folder on the basket, the little pine branch punches and the eggs! Thanks for joining us at the BBTB2 this week ;)
Michelle

A Little Time said...

I just love all the purple I've been seeing lately! All of you are inspiring me! Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card! I love the basket, eggs and those wonderful papers you used. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Egg-ceptional Eggs' challenge at BBTB2!
:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love how you used the Martha Stewart punch. Thank you for linking up with us for linky party #2 over at http://craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com/.

I am a new follower and would love to have you visit/follow me. :)

Robin
http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

Tonya said...

Cute card. Your eggs and basket are great. Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at CTO!

Anonymous said...

Great card Cheryl. You surely got alot of great comments. I am very impressed with your creativity. Keep going, girl! pj

Caroline said...

I love the embossing on your easter basket. The doily is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at bbtb2.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Wow wow wow what a beautiful card. Love the doily and the way you embossed the basket is perfect. This is awesome!Thanks for creating with us at BBTB2.

Unknown said...

Fantastic idea for this card, so creative! Love this basket! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx
P.S. I've got blogaversary candy on my blog, all you need to do is enter. I invite warmly.

shelly said...

your card is beautiful cheryl and what a nifty idea using that punch for grass. thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)

Brenda said...

Wow your card is gorgeous Cheryl! I love your basket, you picked the perfect embossing folder to use on it! I also love how your used the MS branch punch for your grass, very clever and looks awesome! The punched border goes perfect with the whole card scheme-gee I don't know I just love the whole dang card! lol Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Brenda said...

This is a cute card Evelyn! I love that paper you used and I love your cute little chick peaking out of his shell! Your stamped border looks great on the inside of your card too! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2;-)

Live Love and Scrap said...

GASP!!! What a beautiful Easter card!!! Thanks for the idea of using that embossing folder on the basket...love that look! I LOVE that you used the MS branch punch in your basket!

I use it alot at Christmas and made a wreath card a couple years ago...LOVED how it turned out. I have also seen people make Christmas trees out of it..FUN!!!

Thanks for playing along over at BBTB2

hugs,
Sarah

Jayne said...

Gorgeous card,love your Easter basket.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous! perfect embossing for your basket! Thanks so much for joining us atBBTB2
Juliex

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

So pretty, I love all of your fabulous details and colors! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Easter" Challenge :)