Wish List

Monday, March 25, 2013

An Easter card from paper scraps...

This will be a quick post. I just wanted to share with you an Easter card I made from several of my paper scraps. I really liked how it turned out, and it was such a good way to use of some of the patterned papers in my scrap pile.

I simply cut some angled pieces of different papers, sewed them onto a plain piece of white cardstock, trimmed it to the right size and then adhered it to my card base.

The Happy Easter sentiment was stamped onto a circle which was then adhered to a scalloped circle. A few rhinestones added the requisite bling.

The scalloped circle covers the point where all the papers and stitch lines meet. It reminds me of a sun with the rays of sunshine extending outward.




The inside was kept simple with a stamped sun to reinforce the whole sun/sunshine idea.
















I actually got all my Easter cards in the mail today.  Hooray! It always feels good to get a batch of cards on their way. I'm really looking forward to a 3-day weekend and having family over for brunch on Saturday. Hope you have some fun plans, too.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a fun change up on the Starburst card.