Wish List

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Patchwork Easter card...

Another quick post today. I made this card with some more of my patterned paper scraps.
To make this card, I first drew out my "quilt" design on some graph paper. I punched out the appropriate number of one-inch squares from each patterned paper and cut some in half diagonally. I then cut out another piece of clean graph paper the appropriate size and began adhering the squares of patterned paper.

Once I had all the squares adhered, I embossed the entire piece with my Cuttlebug and an embossing folder to give a quilted appearance.

I trimmed my "quilted" rectangle to fit the front of my card, matted it with some pink paper and added some Petaloo flowers with button centers in the middle.

I also punched out a few leaves and tucked those underneath the flowers.






Just a simple pink mat and Easter message on the inside.
















I decided to make another card using this technique, but this time I inked each of the little squares around the edges. Here's what that looked like:
I decided that I liked my first card best because it looked softer and more like fabric. When I inked around the edges, I thought it looked like tiles. What do you think?

This is another great way to use up some of those pretty paper scraps, and you'll find lots of simple quilt designs online. This card style could be used for any occasion and is fun to put together. Wouldn't it be perfect for a new baby card?

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I alsolutely love this card. What a great idea to use up scraps and who doesn't have a ton of them. I have some from different projects that I did even though I don't make cards. The embossing makes it ever so real looking. Great job, girl! pj