Wish List

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easter card #2 (and #3)...

I'm on a little bit of a roll with Easter cards now and I'll be posting several more in the weeks leading up to Easter. I love making Easter cards - they're bright, cheery and give me hope that spring really will arrive.

We still have piles of snow here in Minnesota and more on the way, so it's a little hard to actually "feel" the spring air moving in, but I'm pretty sure it'll come eventually. Mother Nature hasn't let us down yet!

I had fun making the following two cards. I used a deep-edge Martha Stewart punch to get the lattice detail on either side of the front.  I practiced on a couple sheets of used copy paper (I save all my used copy paper) to get just the right placement for the punch.

I started with a 6 1/4" by 9" piece of white cardstock, scored at 4 1/2" to form a 6 1/4" by 4 1/2" card.  The lattice punch reduced the width of the front of the card to 6".  I had to do some extra trimming (about 1/8") on each side of the back panel of the card, and I ended up with a 4 1/2" by 6" card, which includes that scalloped edge.  It really wasn't hard, and I think the lattice adds such wonderful detail to the front of the card.

The pink-striped mat was cut to fit between the two lattice sides and inked around the edges to help set it off against the white base card.
The pink cardstock behind the lattice is actually adhered to the inside of the card on the half where you usually add your sentiment.  Below, you can see the open lattice on the front of the card.

 The pretty tulip was cut from the Kate's ABCs cartridge. This is not a cartridge you would think of for an image like this, but it's perfect for an Easter card.
 
This photo of the inside shows the pink mat along with a white center mat for the sentiment. I printed a tiny tulip in the bottom right corner. It was just a clip art line image that I was able to color with my ProMarkers.
When I make my Easter cards, I like to make at least a couple of each design. Here's the second card of this design.
This pretty flower was cut from the Florals Embellished cartridge.  Besides using a different flower for this card, I also added 3 pale pink pearls instead of the flat-backed gems I used on the previous card.
 
Once again you can see the open lattice work on the front of the card.
I'm looking forward to cutting more images from Florals Embellished. Each image has quite a few layers and many of them are really lovely.
I hope you enjoyed these latest Easter cards.  Thanks so much for stopping by and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl
 
 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl,
I love all the cards from Valentines on. I especially like the candy bar wrappers. I did some like that with the computer but not as fancy of course when I first got the computer for the kids birthdays. My favorite Easter card was the daffodil one. But then I love daffodils especially for Easter. keep going girl, great job! pj