Wish List

Monday, December 5, 2016

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #120: Christmas and/or New Year

Today begins a new challenge on Let's Craft and Create, and we'd love to have you join in with your Christmas or New Year's creation.

Because I am sorely behind on making my Christmas cards, I decided to use this opportunity to try to add to my Christmas card stash. Here's what I made:

This card is so glittery and sparkly, it feels really festive! I started with some silver glitter paper and some pretty background paper that I received as a free gift in a magazine. The DSP has some wonderful silver-embossed areas in the design that inspired all my silvery sparkle.

Can you see the clear snowflakes that I added on the right side of my card? They add a nice bit of dimension without taking away from the pretty design of the paper.


My ornament "frame" with its inside scallop was made with a die that I received from my sister. I'm not sure what company makes it as it came in a plain cellophane package. I love it though, and can see myself using it a lot - for ornaments and for tags.

I cut a circle of white CS the same size as my frame and heat embossed a Sizzix sentiment stamp onto it with silver embossing powder. The sentiment includes the pretty pattern around it, which fit perfectly into my frame.

Then all I needed was some silver thread to make a string and bow.

 On the inside of my card, I once again heat embossed my sentiment with silver embossing powder and added a strip of my silver glitter paper. Simple...but still sparkly and fun.

So now it's your turn. Just pop over to Let's Craft and Create for some incredible inspiration from my teammates. You'll also see the prize we're offering this month. Be sure to post your creation so we can all ooh and aah and include you in the drawing for a winner.

Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love all th sparkle of your beautiful card. You can not have too much sparkle for the holidays.

Jolanda's Blog said...

Gorgeous sparkling card!!
Jolanda xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Love all the shimmery details that sparkle and shine! Hope you have a great week!

Glittered Paws said...

Another pretty card and snowflakes are so versatile. Love all the shine and sparkle.

Lynne in NI said...

So pretty, love all your sparkle!

Hannelie said...

What an amazing color combination!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love the sparkle.