Wish List

Monday, October 7, 2024

Making Halloween cards with old supplies...

I had some leftover bits from last year's Halloween cardmaking sessions, so I dug into them to help me make a few cards this year.

The background paper on this card was purchased this year, but the felt hat and witch's shoes were stickers from last year. I only had a few of them left, so I'm trying to use them up on some cards.


The white circles were glued directly to the DSP and the felt stickers were placed onto the circles - no extra dimension needed!

The sentiment was stamped, cut out and then popped up with some thin foam strips.








I stamped a sentiment and a witch's hat on the inside.









This gatefold card also features some new (this year) DSP in the background, but the pumpkin image was in my stash. I'm not even sure where it came from. I adhered it to a deckle-edged, die-cut square and then glued it to the left side of the gatefold.


I used my computer to print out a sentiment for the inside and added a die-cut jack-o-lantern as an embellishment.










The moon/bat image was sitting in my stash from last year. It had been stamped, heat-embossed and fussy-cut. Also, the bat had been given some red eyes.

I cut a subtly patterned lilac panel and then inked around its edges, first with purple ink and then with some black ink.

I glued on the yellow moon/bat image and added a die-cut tree on top of that.

As a final touch, I glued some googly eyes amongst the tree branches and popped up my stamped "Ghostly Greetings."

I really do enjoy pulling out old supplies and coming up with ways to use them. As they say, "Waste not, want not."

Do you save all your bits and bobs, and do you enjoy creating something new with them? Or do new supplies get your creative juices flowing more easily?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

No comments: