Wish List

Monday, October 21, 2024

Halloween cards for the grands...

 

I had a lot of fun die-cutting, coloring, and putting together this sweet little ghost witch for each of my five granddaughters. There were quite a few pieces, but I cut them all out of white cardstock and then colored the individual pieces with alcohol markers.

The strips of DSP on the bottom were leftover pieces from my stash. This was a great way to use a few of them and deplete my pile a tiny bit.

Here's another one with a different background and different strips of DSP at the bottom.


The bat was also die-cut and added as an embellishment.

The sentiments were stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.








I added a little die-cut pumpkin and a stamped sentiment to the inside of each card.









This is the card I made for each of my five grandsons. I found the Halloween stamp collage online. It's an AI image. The entire image included four rows of stamps, but I cut them in half and used just two rows, matted with purple CS, on each card.

I embossed a strip (just over an inch wide) of the purple cardstock with a spider EF and then used a finger dauber to add some black ink to the embossed spiders.


The sentiment was stamped, die-cut and popped up on foam tape.

If you would like to find some AI images online, just search for "AI images" in Facebook and many different sites that offer them will be listed.




On the inside, I stamped a sentiment and added a little skeleton (I had a few of these in my stash).

I think my grandkids still enjoy getting Halloween cards, even though half of them have already graduated from high school!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Another adorable huggable ghost. Someday, you are going to use up all those little scraps and have to buy some new paper. LOL! The guys are going to love all those spooky images and the spider embossing. I still send Halloween cards to my kids (in their 40s) and the grandkids along with a treat box. I think once you start, you can't stop or they will be disappointed.

Glittered Paws said...

Love both of the Halloween cards, especially the witch. I know the kids will love them no matter what age. I saw the AI print on the second card and really liked it - I just haven't done anything with printing out images "yet".