Wish List

Friday, May 21, 2021

We all scream...Happy Birthday!

 

I created this card just for the fun of it. I saw a triple fold card on Pinterest and thought it would be a fun way to use up some scraps of DSP.

I started with a 5 1/2" X 12" piece of solid color cardstock and scored it at 4 1/4", 7 1/4" and 10 1/4". I folded it with alternating mountain and valley folds. The narrowest panel (1 3/4") became the first panel on the left of my card front.


I decided that I was going to use my ice cream cone die to create some embellishments. 

I ended up making four ice cream cones--chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and mint.




I chose to decorate only the panels that are exposed when the card is closed. You certainly could decorate all of them, if you wanted. I thought the largest plain panel would be a good place to write a personal note and sign the card.


All the cones were popped up on dimensionals except the vanilla cone that you see on the left in this photo.

The sentiments in the white ovals were computer-generated.








"Happy Birthday" was cut out with a die and adhered to a white circle to make it more visible on this panel. 

To keep my card closed I used a length of elastic string. It works really well because it doesn't have to be untied to take it off and on, and it doesn't cover up any of the card. I found a package of several colors of elastic string at the Dollar Tree. I believe there are four colors in the package, and, of course, it cost only $1.00. I think I'll be using it a lot on cards like this in place of belly bands.

I finally went to the doctor today for a check-up. It was the first time since before the start of the pandemic. The nurse who took my blood pressure told me it was "fantastic!" Always good news. Now if I can just shed those COVID pounds...


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

This is my kind of card. I do love ice cream. All your bright colors and patterns are so festive. perfect for a birthday party. You find the best things at Dollar Tree. Now that I feel safe going out shopping I am going to have to check it out.

Lynette said...

Cool card - cool fold! Love the ice cream. Great idea to use elastic string instead of a belly band. Congrats on your good health!!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the fold, and then to the ice cream, we aren't going to loose the Covid 15 by eating ice cream!!! But oh it does look good. Love Dollar Tree, I don't go every week but often enough as I always find oodles of things and those just a dollar add up.

Patti J said...

Great fold, and we are never too old to love ice cream! However, like Shirley, I’m battling the Covid 15, so have gone to Outshine popsicles instead. Lol... Love that you used such pretty papers, and the elastic string is a fun touch! Great job!!! Thanks for sharing!

Lynne in NI said...

Now this really is a 'cool' card LOL. Your ice creams look fab - I must be one of the few who aren't keen on the real stuff, a few licks is enough for me! Glad to hear you got A+ from the Dr.