Wish List

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Graduation 2021...

 I have made a slew of graduation cards, most of them going to the thrift store to be sold. Here are two that I made using a free SVG cutting file from Printable Cuttable Creatables:

These are both mini-slimline cards. I think they measured 6" X 3 1/2". The cutting file showed the mortarboard positioned over the first number 2, like you see on the card with the red numbers. I tried it over the number 0, though, and I liked it there much better.


The first thing I did when making these cards was to use my Silhouette to cut out all the pieces for the image and assemble them before I lost any. If you saw the disarray in my crafting space, you would understand why this is so important.

In the photo above, you can see that I have cut the shadow out of gold metallic cardstock. I also used an off-white for the 0 and the diploma (1) to set them apart a bit from the white in the background pattern and card base.


Here you can see that I have again cut the 0 and the diploma out of off-white CS. It was doubly important on this card because the shadow was cut in white.

The "button" on the top of the mortarboard is a drop of gold from a Viva Decor pen.


The interiors of both cards were the same--just a simple stamped sentiment on a die-cut, matted panel.

I still have two more of these SVG cuts to put onto cards--one in blue and one in green and gold. I will use those on cards for two of my grandchildren who are graduating this year.

When I cut out an image like this for cards, I always try to cut multiples. It's especially important now when I take so many cards to the thrift store to sell. Between yesterday afternoon and noon today, I made six cards, most of them for the thrift store. This hobby definitely keeps me busy (and out of trouble!).

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome graduating cards - and how nice that they are for the thrift store, I know these will sell. I don't know about this "hobby" keeping me out of trouble but I sure do enjoy making the cards.

Lynette said...

These are fabulous, Cheryl! The thrift store is sure lucky to have you! I love your color choices on these cards.

designbydonna said...

Great Grad cards. Perfect to make in school colors to make them custom.

Lynne in NI said...

Cool Grad cards - that's so clever to have the scroll as the '1'