Wish List

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

I don't make many baby cards anymore...

 Almost all my grandchildren have reached their teenage years, and I don't think there's much chance of more babies in our family--not until there are some great grandchildren, that is. So in the meantime, when I do make baby cards, I donate them to the thrift store to be sold there. Here are a couple I made recently:

I had some cute baby-patterned cardstock, and used that for my card bases. I also had some premade fancy framed sentiments. I wasn't able to use the original sentiments, so I simply cut a strip of cardstock, stamped my own sentiment, and then popped it up with foam tape on top of the original sentiment.

As you can see in the photo above, I also inked around the edges of the frame for a little added dimension.


My little bear was cut with a die and then the open spaces in the die were embossed with an embossing tool and colored with a deep gold ink and a finger dauber.

Since my sentiment panel was already popped up on foam tape, my bear was glued directly to this panel.






I have just one set of baby stamps, and this was one from that set.  I think it's a great sentiment, though.






I tried to coordinate my bear and sentiment frame colors with the colors in the patterned cardstock. Since it contains a lot of pastel hues, it was pretty easy to find something to match.


Here you can see that I used the same sentiment on the inside of this card as I had used on the front of the first card. I bought this stamp set years ago from Cardz TV.

We've been having some perfect summer weather, for a change, so I've managed to get all the annuals planted and the lawn mowed for the first time this year. We've had very little rain lately, so I need to be diligent about keeping it all watered.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

The Teddy Bear is adorable - I am drawn to the purple one - but I bet these sell quickly in the thrift shop. I had a baby shower this past Saturday - I'll be posting my card the end of the week. I don't make a lot of baby cards anymore either.

Lynette said...

Awwww ... these are so sweet, Cheryl! I have that same teddy bear. :) I really like those frames and the added ink around the edges is a great touch.

designbydonna said...

Awww. These are precious. The teddy bears are so cute and compliment that background so well. I don't have occasion for baby cards either but they are fun to make.

Patti J said...

These are darling! I love them both, and how sweet of you to make and donate so many cards! Thanks for sharing, dear friend!

Lynne in NI said...

Awwww these are adorable Cheryl! Your little bear is such a cutie and perfect DP too! I could hardly tell you the last time I made a baby card, I'm sure it's over a year ago.

Jeanne H said...

Yes! Adorable baby cards. I am expecting to be a great-grandmother in the Fall, so I'll be making one for the first time in ages. tfs