Wish List

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

A little humor never hurts...

 My sons-in-law have great senses of humor. I enjoy them immensely and love to see the crazy things they come up with. While I can't match their creative comedy, I try, on occasion, to make them smile with my handmade birthday cards. Here's an example of a card I sent to two of them whose birthdays are this month:

When you want a little humor, Tim Holtz's animal images are perfect. I used one of his Crazy Birds on this card and added part of a blue feather to the top of his head.

To create my background, I first printed my sentiment (found on Pinterest) with the computer on an off-white panel, then inked around the edges with a blending brush. This panel was then added to a navy blue card base.


My silly bird was colored with Promarkers, cut out with the matching die, and popped up on foam squares.

Besides his goofy hair, I added some glossy accents to his eyeballs.








I was a little unsure of how to finish off the inside, so I settled for what you see on the right--my own words, also computer-generated.

Do you ever try to make funny cards? I know there is at least one stamp company--Riley and Company--that makes humorous stamps. I don't have any of them, but I am definitely thinking about ordering some in the future. Recommendations for other shops/sites that offer humorous stamps would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl



4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh my gosh - still laughing = what a perfect birthday card for a fun son-in-law. I have this Tim H. bird set and have not had it out in a while. Favorite part is the feather. How original and how perfect.

Lynette said...

What a great card for your sons-in-law, Cheryl! How perfect for someone who appreciates humor. I think that I have those birds, too. I think I even used one once! LOL!

designbydonna said...

Those Tim Holtz birds just crack me up. Even cuter with the blue feather added. that sentiment is so fun. I wish I had seen this last month when my son-in-law had a birthday. Maybe I can use it next year.

Lynne in NI said...

Hahahaha bet they had a good giggle with these! Great sentiment too!