Wish List

Friday, September 14, 2018

More birds on a wire...

Back in June I shared a card in this post that featured my Martha Stewart Birds on a Wire border punch. Well, I decided to make another one using a slightly different approach.


Just as I did on my previous card, I punched the birds out of white cardstock and then colored each one differently with my Promarkers.



This time, however, I did not cut an aperture in my card front and cover it with vellum. Instead, I cut a pink mat and then a white mat to serve as a base for my birds.

The rectangles and the "hello" were all made with unbranded dies.














The inside of my card featured a yellow mat, but no sentiment. I'll use this card to write a personal note.

I like to keep a number of cards like this on hand, as they are great for writing a quick note or expressing thanks.

Can you believe summer is nearly over? I often wonder why time seems to pass so quickly now that I'm retired. If you are retired, do you feel the same? It seems like life should slow down--a lot--but that isn't how my world works at all.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl




4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Very pretty card. I first thought you punched that out in different colors and paper pieced the birds. Much easier to color them. And yes, I am retired and keep wondering how time goes so fast. While I was still working, I used to laugh when my retired friends said they didn't know how they ever had time to work. Now I understand that.

Darnell said...

I never tire of birds on a wire! This design is so pretty and so colorful, Cheryl! And, yes, life did NOT slow down when I retired and my friends all say the same. We all wonder how we ever had time to work!

Have a really marvelous time on your long vacay! Be safe on the road! I hope by then you are able to see parts of North and South Carolina! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

Awww your little multi coloured birdies are so sweet! Loving your frame dies too x
And I'm not retired but figure time is definitely speeding up! Weekends definitely go faster than work days too!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the birds on a wire - and each little bird has its own color personality.
I bet you are taking a few with you on your road trip to drop friends/family a little note. Enjoy your trip.