Wish List

Friday, September 21, 2018

Happy birthday to my brother...

My brother, who lives closest to me and also volunteers each week at a local thrift shop, celebrated a milestone birthday on September 15th. I decided to make him a pop-out card that has great visual appeal on the inside.


The front of the card was pretty simple--a couple of large die-cut numbers and a computer-generated sentiment.


This is the inside of the card. It was cut on my Silhouette using Design #65331 from the Silhouette Design Store. I've used this cut before, and it has always turned out great.

To give this card a little extra pizzazz, I backed each of the letter cut-outs with packing tape and then sprinkled glitter on the front of each letter. It adds just a little sparkle, and the light still comes through.

I've had to make lots of masculine birthday cards in the past couple of months. With all the practice I've had, you'd think male cards would be a breeze--but they're not. I always struggle to come up with fun or meaningful ideas.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Just a simple neat little card until you open it. What a fun surprise found inside. Love your dimensional cards.

Darnell said...

This is a great card for a guy, Cheryl, and it's filled with lots of pizzazzerio! Your brother will cherish it as he celebrates his 7th birthday! Er, I mean his 70th birthday! I swear the older we get the younger we act!! Hope you are having a great time where you are! Hugs, Darnell

Jannet said...

This is amazing ! What a wonderful surprise for your brother when he opens it, I hope he has a very happy Birthday xx

Lynne in NI said...

oh wow that's so cool Cheryl! Love your pop up!

Lynette said...

I agree - "guy" cards are not easy! This card is so fun. I'm going to check out the design - thanks for the link.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh Wow - what a great card - I am sure your brother is going to love his special birthday card. Love the inside pop-up - you have this silhouette cutting mastered.