Wish List

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #141: BEST OF FRIENDS (Anything friendship related) with the option of Anything Goes...

I'm so glad you stopped by to check out the latest challenge at Let's Craft and Create. Our challenge this month is "Best of Friends," which inspired me to use a stamp set by Hero Arts that had never seen ink! I decided to make a couple of encouragement cards that I can use to cheer up a couple of friends.


Since purple is my favorite color, I chose purple card bases and some purple-patterned DSP. I thought it worked particularly well for the wine card. I guess I could have used some brown tones for the chocolate card, but since I had the purple paper out, I just cut and stamped both cards at once.


Here's a closer look at my "wine" card. I sure would enjoy a glass right now as I type this post, but, alas, there is none in the house.

The embossing on the bottom of the white strip was done with a Cuttlebug EF. It reminded me of the bubbles in sparkling wine.

My "wine" banner is popped up on foam tape.










I think you can see that I've popped up that banner in this shot.



















I had fun with the sentiments for these two cards. This one was created on my computer, so I was able to easily turn the word WINE purple.

















My second card was made exactly the same as the first, except for the word "chocolate."


And my inside sentiment was, once again, created with my computer. I think it will bring a smile to a friend's face.

So there you have it--two cards featuring two of my favorite comestibles. And I don't have either one in the house as I type this. I think I need to stop at the store tomorrow!!!

I hope you'll consider joining this month's challenge and making a card for a friend. If that idea doesn't suit you, you can always enter the challenge via "anything goes."

Head on over to Let's Craft and Create for lots more inspiration. You'll see the fabulous creations from the other DT members and just where to post your creation.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty encouragement cards. I would sure be encouraged with some wine and chocolate! I love the inside sentiments too.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh you had me at wine, we are wine drinkers, me white - hubby red, usually having a glass before dinner in the evening - well okay - a glass of wine and watch Judge Judy. LOL Love the colors and the bubbles - the sentiments are perfect.