Wish List

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Getting older stinks...

Today I'm sharing a super fun masculine birthday card. It was easy to make, and even my husband loved it!


I stamped all my cardstock with a large wood-grain stamp and did a partial cut with a large rectangle die to make the door. My hinges are little strips of cardstock with some tiny "nailheads" of Nuvo Crystal Drops and the door handle is a brown brad. My smallest star die worked perfectly to create a small opening in the top of the door.


Isn't it fun to have the little door open on the front of the card?

All the sentiments for this card were computer-generated.














I kept the inside of this card really simple with room to write a personal note.

This card was so much fun to make that I actually made two of them--one for my husband and one for my BIL. 

The idea for this card came from Pinterest, but I've added my own spin to it. What did we do before Pinterest? I have so many card ideas saved to my Pinterest boards and often browse through them for ideas.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

ROTFL!! that is hilarious. Love the idea for masculine card. You did a great job designing it.

Lynette said...

What a great card, Cheryl! I love it:) You did such an awesome job on it. Thanks for all of your comments on my blog. I'm finally getting around to visiting blogs.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a hoot - and I wonder how many of us has used one of these??? I am sure this card will bring some smiles.

debby4000 said...

Love your cheeky masculine card Cheryl.
luv
Debby

Lynne in NI said...

Bwahahahaha LOVE it Cheryl!!
I remember being on holiday when I was a kid and they had an outhouse down the garden and no lighting, it was terrifying having to go to the loo at bedtime!!