Wish List

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Happy Birthday, Eugene...

Today is my older brother Eugene's 65th birthday. I hope he has a wonderful day and an even better year! Here's a photo of my brother and me when we celebrated his birthday on Friday. I love the sparkle in his eye!


As you can see, my brother is a nice looking man, and while he's a bachelor, he always seems to have a lady friend or two. We like to tease each other, and I especially like to tease him about his lady friends and his "night life." Here's the card I made for him:


The image was cut from the "Fun in the Sun" cartridge, and the 65 was cut from George.  I added a little shading with my ProMarkers and some whiskers, chest hair, etc., with a brown fine-point pen. I also used a metallic ProMarker for his sunglasses and the legs of the lawn chair. I know that the sentiment is a little hard to read, but it says "65 ...and still sexy,"  I printed out the second part of the sentiment on a label maker and the reflection off that tape has made it hard to read.

You can't tell in the photo, but I also used some black flocking for his hair. Of course my brother's not bald, but I didn't know quite how to add hair to the top of this guy's head without making it look ridiculous!

Here's the inside of the card (more teasing!).

We gave my brother a gift certificate to a local restaurant as a gift (maybe he'll take one of those "lady friends"), but I also gave him one of my jars of grape jelly, made from the few grapes we grow in the back yard. I have only two grape vines, so we don't get much. This year's batch was only 9 half-pint jars of jelly!
To make the topper, I simple cut a circle of fabric in my Cuttlebug with my biggest circle die and tied it onto the jar with a little tag cut with a Spellbinder's die. I thought this fabric was the perfect match for the grape jelly!

Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great picture of you and Eugene. I also saw the one that Gary posted on facebook. I get notifications of posts which I look at the email but I don't go on fb anymore as I am having so much trouble with it. pj