Wish List

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Another belated birthday card...

This cute little scene is from Kate's ABCs. I thought the snail was the appropriate image to represent a late birthday card.
 
There have been times in my life when I have been so far behind that I almost felt like I was in first place - running alone. I think that happened more often when my kids were young. I had four children within 3 1/2 years, so I was a very busy young mother! I can remember being tired all the time. Back in those days, a nap was a real gift. Now my children are grown with families of their own, and sometimes I miss the hustle and bustle of a busy household. That's why it's so much fun when the grandkids come to visit!


I inked the edges of the grass, snail, foliage and mushroom. Although you can't see it, I also drew around the edge of the butterfly wings with a glitter pen. It added just the right amount of sparkle.

Both the front and inside sentiments were computer generated.







The inside is simple, using some of the cheery yellow polka dot paper as a mat. I've already sent this card to someone who's birthday I missed. I hope it at least brings a belated smile to her face!







Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: