Wish List

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Love you a latte...


My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary. I had just gotten the "Love you a Latte" cartridge, and I was itching to use it on a card.
 
One of our favorite things to do is to go to this wonderful retro movie theater in our part of the city. This particular theater was built in 1948, and they have kept it much the same over the years. They've even maintained the lobby furnishings from that era. It only costs each of us $2 for a ticket! Can you believe there are still theaters that only charge $2? Of course, that's because we're both senior citizens, but the rate for younger adults is only $3.
 
After the movie, we like to walk across the street to our favorite coffee shop. I always get a latte and my husband always gets a chai. This coffee shop has live music on the weekends, so we sip our drinks and listen to the music. It's the perfect date night for a couple of old geezers like us!
 
Hence, my anniversary card was perfect! The sentiment is computer-generated onto a Spellbinder's label die. I inked the label while it was still in the die and also colored a couple of white pearls with a ProMarker to look latte-like. The pearl flourish that I used for the steam coming from the cup is part of a full Zva Creative pearl flourish.

I kept the inside simple with just a little inking and a couple of coffee beans for decoration.




Hope you enjoyed my card today. Thanks so much for stoppoing by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

What a fun anniversary! And it sounds like your card was really quite perfect! Love the coffee cards, and yours is wonderful, Cheryl! Thanks for sharing, and Happy Anniversary, my friend!