Wish List

Friday, October 30, 2020

Some final Halloween cards...

Here are a few final pics (and a short video) of a couple of the Halloween cards I made this year. As I have said before, I really love making them. I'm not sure why...I guess I'm just a ghoul at heart!

For this card, I cut my "Boo to you" out of self-adhesive fun foam. That made it very quick to apply to the front of my card. 

I have a set of six small ghost dies that I just love. Each ghost has a different shape and expression, and I've used four of them on this card. The bats, too, are from a favorite set of bat dies of various sizes and positions (some flying, some hanging upside down).

Have you noticed that there's a small semi-circle cut from the center right of my card? That's because this card was made as a sleeve (top and bottom edges glued together) so that it could hold a surprise. Watch the short video below to see what the surprise is.



Here's another peek at the back of my card. 

It was fun to make these, and I hope the grands had fun pulling out their pop-up pumpkins.









For this card, my sister gave me several spider web die-cuts like the one you see in the right hand corner. In fact, she gave me enough that I have some left to use next year, too. Thanks, Michelle! I love the curl-i-ques on the ends of the web. 

You may have noticed that the spider's body looks a little different than the rest of him, and that's because I added some glitter pen to it.

My sparkly rickrack was a decorative piece I had in my stash, as was the poison bottle sticker. 


For the inside of my card, I had a sentiment printed on some cardstock from last year. I decided to use a long, skinny, rectangular die to cut out each part of it. 

As I was making my last cut, the cardstock moved as it went through my Big Shot and caused "in the night" to be crooked. 

I considered re-doing the print-out and re-cutting it, but then thought, "This is a Halloween card! Things get a little crooked on Halloween, so why not just go with it?" And so, I did.





It looks like we will have some beautiful weather this weekend. It's been so cold and dreary, so I am looking forward to a little sunshine and mild temps.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a fun card that pull out pumpkin is. That will be a great treat for the grandkids. The diamond shapes on the other card really sets off the spider web. Kind of makes me think I maybe need to go around the house and check the ceiling corners.

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh, Cheryl - that is awesome!! I really like it, and I'm sure the recipients will, as well. The second card is great, too. Enjoy the warmth - it may be the last of it. :)

Glittered Paws said...

No trick-or-treaters at our house - our subdivision is not lighted and our house sits at the bottom of a long dark driveway.
Your two cards are awesome, love the ghost and bat card - and the "hidden" pocket for a little giftie is great. The second card with all the glitter especially the rickrack is great.
Supposed to get warm here making for a great week ahead.