Wish List

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Hello, Pumpkin...

 As we head toward the next holiday, it's time to get those Thanksgiving cards made. To get my mojo in gear, I decided to make a couple for the thrift shop card sales using a pumpkin image that I cut with my Silhouette.

I'm so thankful to have the option of cutting out larger layered images with an electronic cutting machine. I have an original small Cricut and the Silhouette Cameo, but I don't use the Cricut much anymore. Once I got used to cutting on a 12" wide Silhouette mat, it was hard to go back to using a 6" Cricut mat.

This card is really simple. I added some shading to the pumpkin after it was cut out and adhered a little die-cut banner across the top of the card.


My pumpkin is popped up on foam squares to give it some dimension. I glued down the little tendril so that it doesn't get caught on something and tear off.









Because I envisioned someone giving this to a young person, I decided it would be nice to let the receiver know how much they are loved and appreciated. My inside sentiment was computer-generated, and I added a little die-cut pumpkin.

I hope you were all able to vote today or prior to today. I'm so glad this election will be over soon. I have grown weary of all the TV ads and the sniping back and forth between the candidates.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Great pumpkin and so nicely shaded. Every time you show your cards using your Silhouette, I tell myself I really need to use mine. And then I never do! Hopefully someday. :)

Glittered Paws said...

This is perfect for any person - not just a younger one, and how nice for you to make them for the resale shop. I usually send out several Thanksgiving cards - especially to family - and this would be perfect for the little peeps in my life.

designbydonna said...

Cute pumpkin card. I think I will be sending more Thanksgiving cards this year. Our familiy has decided it is probably not safe to travel this year.