Wish List

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Halloween is just around the corner...

 Here are a couple of the 25 or so Halloween cards I made:

This card was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest. I found a ghost image in the free clipart online and traced it with my Silhouette. I also used my Silhouette to create a speech bubble and to write the sentiment on it with an attached sketch pen. 

The bow was cut from glitter CS using a tiny die that I happen to have. No idea what set it came from, it was simply in with my other bow dies. 

The spider web is a portion of a web doily. I bought a package of them (black, orange and gold) a couple of years ago. I use them every Halloween, but they never seem to get depleted. Spooky!


My inside sentiment was computer-generated. I added a strip of my green DSP across the bottom. I hope it looks decorative, but it's really covering up the fact that I cut my panel too short!

I added another little bow here because I thought it looked cute and added a little color and sparkle to the inside.






For this card I used a new Halloween stamp set that features witches' hats. The sentiment on the front is from the same set.

I stamped the hats with Memento ink and then colored them with Promarkers before adhering them to my card with pop dots. 

My yellow background was cut from a sheet of factory-embossed cardstock. 

A few glittery die-cut stars were all that was needed to finish off my card front.


On the inside of my card I used a pre-cut fancy panel that I had in my stash.

The line-of-stars stamp and sentiment are from the same stamp set as the hats. I've actually added some Wink of Stella to the stars, but it doesn't show up in the photo. Also, they've been stamped with dark purple ink, even though it looks black.

This week, I managed to get all my Halloween cards in the mail, and now I'm trying to sort through and clean up the mess in my craft area. Sheesh! I don't know how I manage to put things in such disarray when I'm crafting. It's nice that I can just turn my back on it, though, and walk away at the end of the day since it's in the basement!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Patti. I love to make Halloween cards but they're not really a 'thing' over here, cardmakers are probabiy some of the few folk who send them!

designbydonna said...

These are both cute. The girl ghost is so fun--love those eyelashes and the bow. Your witch hats are cute and love that sentiment both outside and in.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, mailed mine Sat. also. Yours should get there Wed. MKW

Lynette said...

Two great Halloween cards, Cheryl! I love the colors in the second one. Well, in the first one, too! :) I like that you did the ghost and printing on your Silhouette. When we get back to "normal" maybe you can come over and show me how to use mine!

Glittered Paws said...

Such cute Halloween cards - I go for the whimsy cards - not the scary (especially clowns) ones. I didn't really mail very many out this year - some to the great grands and my chemo buddy and that was about it.
We had the great grands this weekend so didn't get much else done. I had "cleaned" up my craft room before they came as they both love to craft so didn't want them to get into something I needed!!!

Patti J said...

These are adorable! I especially am smitten with that adorable ghost what fun to be on your Halloween recipient list! Great job, as always!