Wish List

Friday, October 2, 2020

Pretty in purple...

 This card is sooooooo simple, but I actually really like it.

After adding my DSP to the front of my card, I punched a couple of holes (they were actually small slots) in preparation for adding a faux bow.

Once that was done, I die-cut a wildflower, a pussy willow twig and a leafy twig. I added them to my card front along with a heat-embossed sentiment. Then, I created my faux bow, and my card front was done.

I also put my DSP on the inside of my card, along with a wonky-stitched rectangle and a get well sentiment.

So simple, so quick, but I love the way it turned out.

Today I received some tulip bulbs from Holland. My stepdaughter in Germany sent them to me as a belated birthday present. They are a variety of types and colors, and I can't wait to get them planted and see them bloom next spring. I don't have the best of luck with tulips--they tend to only last a couple of years--but I really enjoy them anyway.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

When you have patterned paper that pretty, you can do a simple design. Yours works very well. Love the faux bow. I have a lot of trouble bow tying. Even the faux type.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful Thinking of You card Cheryl, the white flowers really pop against your pretty DP and I'm lovin how you added your bow.
Lucky you getting bulbs from Holland - youll have something nice to look forward to in Spring! One day I'd love to go see the tulip fields, they must be amazing x

Lynette said...

Such pretty paper, and I love the die-cuts.

Glittered Paws said...

Has been a LONG time since I have done a faux bow. That is what I love about blogging, you get so many "old" new ideas. The die cuts are beautiful placed on the pretty patterned paper.
Anxious to see you tulips in bloom come spring, I have never planted tulips, no reason just have never done it.