Wish List

Friday, April 26, 2019

!st birthday card...

My niece's little girl turned one year old a short time ago, and we were invited to celebrate the occasion with her. I pulled out my trusty Sizzix train  die (it's one of those 12" long dies) for her card.


I love making these cute trains for little girls--something a little different from the usual girly stuff we all put on our cards.

I cut each car out of a different color of glitter CS. Then I added some jewels across the top of each car and also some gold glitter and gems in the coal car.

The puffs of smoke were cut out of white felt, and the ribbon "track" was from my stash.

On the inside I added some of the polka-dotted CS, edged with a Fiskars border punch, and wrote and printed my own sentiment.

Little Averie was so cute at her birthday party. She didn't quite know what to do with the cake, and it took her quite a bit of time to even taste it. I'm pretty sure in the future she'll be much quicker to dig right in.

The weekend is upon us, and I am looking forward to doing some cleaning. We are getting ready for company from Germany that will arrive next week.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!

designbydonna said...

Adorable card for a little girl. I bet she loved it.

Lynne in NI said...

Awww your train is gorgeous Cheryl! Bet that was one cute party girl!

Lynette said...

This card is adorable, Cheryl. Sparkle is always good:) I love that you did a train for a girl - very clever.

Darnell said...

Oh, Cheryl, your card for Averie is so amazing! What a family treasure this will be! I loved hearing how she reacted to her cake. Our Dan was the same way! He just looked at it. Of course, we daft parents were disappointed - I mean, think of the pictures that we WON'T have! Plus we had guests there and everyone was standing around waiting, so being a bad mother, I finally stuck MY finger in it and lightly put it around his mouth. Whereupon he burst into tears. Poor kid! Some memories you'd rather forget, haha! Hugs, Darnell

Glittered Paws said...

Adorable - love the ribbon train tracks - never thought about a train for a girlie card but this is perfect. Company from Germany sounds like fun, cleaning not so much.