Wish List

Friday, April 5, 2019

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #146: Beautiful Butterflies

Can you believe we have already sailed into April, 2019? And that means it's time for another challenge at Let's Craft and Create. You can always enter with an "Anything Goes" project, but our special theme this month is "Beautiful Butterflies."



I was pleased to see the butterfly theme because I have so many butterfly stamps and dies, and, frankly, I just love butterflies. I wish we saw more of them in the city. We occasionally get Monarch butterflies in our back yard, but not many others.

I have an unbranded butterfly stamp and die set, and decided to use that for the focal point on my card.


I stamped and then heat-embossed my butterfly with weathered white embossing powder.  I like to use this EP when I want a more dimensional look. The pearl "trail" is from a set of pink pearl flourishes that I won years ago on a product blogsite. It was so long ago that I have lost the packaging and can't remember which brand they were.


I also added a couple of punched butterflies (Fiskars), each with a single pearl, and two more flowers that I fussy-cut from my sheet of DSP. I think you can see in the photo that they've been popped up on foam squares.




Here's another peek at my butterfly. After heat embossing it, I used my watercolor pencils to add some color that coordinated with the rest of my card.

Folding back the two edges of my DSP to create the "opening" for my pearl butterfly trail was a bit tricky. I tried to roll the paper so as not to have creases, but as you can see I wasn't that successful.  I guess I should have fussed with it a bit more.

I added some narrow strips of double-sided foam tape underneath the flaps at the fold to keep my DSP from creasing too sharply and to hold it in place. I don't know how it will stand up in the mail, though. My card may end up with sharply creased DSP by the time it reaches its destination.




I used some stamps from a couple of different sets on the inside. I also added the scalloped border (Fiskars) and a few more fussy-cut flowers.

Now I hope you'll join our Beautiful Butterflies (or Anything Goes) challenge for April. You'll find the details and lots of inspiration here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynette said...

So, so beautiful and creative, Cheryl!

Hannelie said...

Clever and beautiful!

designbydonna said...

So pretty. One thing I like about double sided paper is that folding it back so you can see the underside also. Your big butterfly is gorgeous. It looks like stained glass. You have probably noticed, I love butterflies also. I am going to try to find time to enter the challenge.

Glittered Paws said...

Love butterflies to - seems like every time I see a new butterfly stamp or stamp set I have to get it. This card is absolutely stunning. Great job.

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely card The color is beautiful...…….Lis

Lynne in NI said...

Ooooh what a beautiful butterfly and fab layout too! We definitely don't get as many butterflies as we used to.