Wish List

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

A foiled Easter card...


This is a super simple card where I've downloaded an Easter image from free clipart and then printed it out on cardstock with a laser printer. Once it was printed, I laid some heat reactive gold foil over the top of the image and ran it through my laminator (a very inexpensive one I found online).

Once that was done, I used an unbranded die to cut the word "Easter" from gold metallic cardstock. I also heat-embossed the word "Blessings" with some gold EP on white cardstock. I cut that word out and popped it up on foam tape.


I thought maybe you'd be able to see the shimmer and shine, if I took a sideways photo, but I guess it really isn't any better. Trust me, though, there really is a rich gold shine to all the elements.




I also heat-embossed the inside sentiment with gold EP and then cut it out with a stitched rectangle die.

This was definitely a simply designed card, using only the two colors, but I quite like it. I hope you do, too.

More snow?
We are once again bracing ourselves for inclement weather. In fact, news of the impending snowstorm was even included in a recent issue of the New York Times here.

I am supposed to be volunteering at the thrift store on Thursday, but if the weather is as bad as they predict it will be, I'll stay home.

My tulips, narcissus, and other spring flowers have tentatively poked their heads out of the ground. They are in for a rude awakening tomorrow evening when that snowstorm hits!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Love the beautiful simplicity Cheryl!

designbydonna said...

This is a beautiful card. I like the shimmery ribbon around the cross. I read about your snow prediction in the Indy paper this morning. I hope your pretty spring flowers survive. Our trees all bloomed out this week. so pretty to look at but not so pretty for my allergies.

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - love the foiling I tried it once a couple of years ago and was not real happy with the results - I think I may have to try again.

debby4000 said...

What a beautiful Easter card in gold.
luv
Debby

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love this Cheryl, bet that golden effect is fab!
We heard about your snow prediction too, hopefully it wasn't as bad as they were expecting! We'd a lovely bright sunny day but such a cold wind, but it was a perfect day to get the washing dried and do a bit of gardening :)