Wish List

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Valentines for boys...

I always struggle a bit to make Valentines for my grandsons. They're all growing up so fast, and the older they get, the harder it gets. This year, however, with the current Star Wars craze, I decided to use Yoda and R2D2 as my focus images.

I found this cute Yoda SVG file at the Krafty Nook blog. I printed and cut several so that I could layer up my image, and I added a little heart to "valentize" him.



I also did some additional shading with my ProMarkers and Distress inks and added some Wink of Stella and a final coat of Diamond Glaze to his light saber.

I used my Snow Writer marker to add some dimension to his hair. You just cover your selected area with the marker and then heat it with your heat gun and the marker "ink" foams up.

I also popped all my layers up on foam tape and used the Happy Hearts embossing folder by Stampin' Up on my background.


The inside of my card is very simple - these are for boys, after all! My sentiments on these cards are all computer-generated.














Here is my R2D2 Valentine, also thanks to a Krafty Nook image. I only cut one extra layer out of mirror cardstock for the silver sections of this image. It's so easy to separate out the layers of any image and cut them on the Silhouette!

I did use my ProMarkers once again to add some shading and lots of Diamond Glaze to add some shine and dimension.

I also used a red Viva Décor pen for the one red "button" that you see at the top.

The embossing folder used for the background is by Sizzix. I used a white ink pad to lightly highlight the raised portions of the embossed pattern. I think those hearts kind of look like planets or stars floating around in space.



Another simple interior for my Valentine, with plenty of room to add a personal note to my grandsons.

This afternoon we are expecting up to 7" of snow along with some blowing and drifting. In fact, they're predicting dangerous winds and low visibility by late afternoon. I usually pick up two of my grandchildren from their school every day around 4 p.m., but today my son-in-law will be picking them up early instead, and bringing at least one of them to my house for a few hours. I'm just grateful that my city has a tremendous snow-removal program with lots of equipment, so they'll be working hard to keep the roads clear.

I hope the weather is being more cooperative wherever you are. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, I love them. I know your grandsons are going to be thrilled. That Yoda face is adorable. All your little extra touches make them stand out.

Lynne in NI said...

Heee these are fab Cheryl! I do love a silly pun and your BGs are so pretty!
Stay safe in that snow ... 7" would definitely bring us to a standstill, more than a couple of inches and we can't cope at all ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Cheryl! I LOVE these Valentine's Day cards! The Star Wars characters is darling! LOVE YODA! You are making me want to pull out my Cricut! So cuuuuute!!!! Thanks for making me smile :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh these are too cute for boys - I always struggle with what to make the "men" (besides hubby) for Valentines, but these are really spot on.