Wish List

Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring-like Happy Birthday...

I'm really getting anxious for Spring to arrive, but since it's still rather cold and snowy outside, I decided to create some Spring in a birthday card.

This card was created using a cut file from the Silhouette Online Store.



I love this funky flower that was part of the card file. I inked the edges of the petals and leaves to give them a bit more dimension.

I added the butterflies using a small Fiskars punch.

The stamp is an old one - not sure of the manufacturer.









On the inside of my card, I added a white mat and stamped my sentient from a Fiskars clear stamp set. A couple more butterflies finished off my card.

I really love the Silhouette card files, as they are usually complete - they cut everything out for you and you simply have to assemble and embellish as desired.



This card is for a friend, and I think it will bring a smile to her face. I think she's going to like the fun shape, brightly colored paper and funky flower!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

Patti J said...

What a pretty card, Cheryl, and I love the sentiment! How true :-)

I'm ready for spring, too. In in Albuquerque with our son and his family, helping out - they have a new baby! However, at home, they're calling for up to eight inches of snow! Ugh...

Have a good week - thanks for sharing!

Hannelie said...

This is a beautiful card Cheryl! Yes it just shouts Spring!
As much as you are looking forward to Spring, I just want to hold on to Winter ... for a couple of months... or years!!!
Winter here is the most amazing season. You can breathe, and be outside, the sky is blue, oh I could carry on for ever!

Glittered Paws said...

Talk about bringing a smile - this one did because of all the bright cheery beautiful colors of spring. Love the funky flower you used for your focal image. Great job.

designbydonna said...

I am so ready for spring and flowers too. You provide beautiful flowers with your card. I love that shape too. Great sentiment on the inside.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such pretty colors..and loving the layers. That pretty flower so keeps me positive for SPRING....Have a fun week Cheryl

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your flower card, fabulous flowers and love those papers too.
luv
Debby

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a fun and cheerful card Cheryl! Looks like Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods :) Love the layered flower and cute little butterflies!

Lynne in NI said...

What a lovely springtime card Cherly, I love that very pretty DP too :)

Sue said...

Seeing more and more cards with flowers, hard telling folks are thinking of Spring. Love the papers and the flowers. Great colors too.

Hugs
Sue