Wish List

Sunday, February 7, 2016

A couple of Valentine cards...

I have finished all my Valentine cards, and this was actually one of my favorites. The heart tree is a Penny Black stamp that I colored with a Letraset Aqua marker. My XOXO sentiment is a Recollections stamp.



As a final touch I added a little sparkle to the heart flower centers with a glitter pen. I know you can't see it in the pic, but it adds a nice tiny bit of shine.

To give my tree a base to stand on, I put a piece of red-patterned Washi tape across the bottom of my card.












The inside was simple with a heat-embossed sentiment. I thought the red ribbon added a nice bit of color on the inside, too!













My next Valentine features a scalloped edge, made with a Sizzix die and a fancy heart die-cut from Spellbinders. I backed my fancy heart with some double-sided sheet adhesive and then added glitter to the adhesive in the negative spaces of the heart. The sentiment stamp is by PSX.


Another simple interior so that I can write a personal message.

These Valentines have to be in the mail very, very soon, so I've got to get cracking!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot, every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love them both but...the second one is my favorite because I love sparkle and glitter. I like how you always showcase the inside.

designbydonna said...

Very pretty Valentines. I love that scalloped edge and the die cut heart with glitter.

Darnell said...

Oh, I've had such a lovely visit, Cheryl! You've made a great supply of Valentines this year, each one prettier than the next! I think this last one with the heart tree stole my heart, however! I haven't seen that image and just LOVE it!! Also, I really enjoyed the photos of your lovely, lovely home in the snow ~ and those sweet bird homes out back, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Mona Pendleton said...

Both of your Valentine's are fantastic Cheryl! Love the tree full of hearts on the first and the second shimmery heart on the second! Obviously made with lots of love :)

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are fab Cheryl! I especially love that little heart tree, I reckon it would make a great good luck card if it was coloured green, they'd look like little shamrocks!