Wish List

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Puppy Valentines...

 

I had fun making these simple puppy Valentines. Rather than using the same background paper for all of them, I mixed it up a bit and tried to use up some of my scraps.

I loved this background. This Valentine will definitely go to a girl. I think they'd like the pale pink background and deeper pink heart.


Here you can see how I've popped the puppy up and then popped up the little sentiment (Woof you), as well. I don't have a stamp for this, so I created them on the computer.

For the heart on this one, I used a die and cut out the center of a large flower on a piece of DSP. The pattern was so wild, I didn't think I'd ever use it on a card, but it worked just fine for cutting out a patterned heart. 

If you look closely, you'll see that the red background paper is embossed. I'm not sure where I got this paper--possibly from the thrift store--but I loved the embossing on it.


I used my white gel pen to add some reflection dots on the eyes and nose, and then added some clear Nuvo drops to give them dimension.









This background paper actually came from a Christmas pack, but I thought it worked just fine for a Valentine. I added some Wink of Stella to the heart and the X's and O's.


I added some gray marker to the pads on the bottom of the paws. I love the way he's sitting with his hind paws exposed.

















Each Valentine had a simple stamped greeting on the inside. I will be adding my own personal note when I send them.







It was cold out today--the high was only 19 degrees. I don't like running errands on cold days, but I felt I had to get a few groceries and fill my car with gas. I also needed a couple of items from the Dollar Tree and had to pick up an online craft supply order at Joann's. 

Ok, I'll admit it. It was the Joann's order that was the impetus for me to go out. I had ordered some of their Distress Oxide inks that they had on sale recently for $2.99 and some medium weight white cardstock for card bases. I'm excited to try out my new Oxide inks.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

AWWWW! Is there anything cuter than a puppy? Yours are adorable. These are great Valentine's for anyone.

Lynette said...

These are so darn cute, Cheryl! You finished off the cards so nicely. Yes, it would be the Joann's order that would get me out of the house, too! LOL! I hope you love your distress oxide inks. I don't have any of them.

Glittered Paws said...

I love puppy Valentine cards. These are cute for anyone on your "love you" list. You will love the distress oxide inks, they blend so nicely.