Wish List

Friday, January 8, 2021

Happy heart Day...

 

I've had the die that cuts this pretty design for a while now. When I looked at it closely, I realized that it incorporated hearts into the design, so it would be perfect for Valentine's Day. It's also nice that it cuts the design out of the panel, but leaves the panel itself intact. 


I think you can tell from this picture that I adhered my panel to the front of my card base with foam tape to give a little dimension to the die-cut.

I added a cardstock bow (with a silver heart in place of the knot) and a white banner with a heat-embossed sentiment.



On the inside of my card, I heat-embossed another sentiment and added a few more silver hearts.




In this photo, you can see that three hearts were glued to my sentiment panel and then three smaller hearts were popped up on top of each of them. More fun dimension!






Today I am still reeling from the breach of our nation's Capitol by a group of lawless people who did there best to destroy parts of it. It makes me incredibly sad that five people have now died because of this criminal act. As if we haven't had enough death in this country from the Coronavirus! The predictability of the destruction reminds me of one line from the lyrics of "Where have all the Flowers Gone?" That line is, "...when will we ever learn?"

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That medallion die is beautiful. All the pink tones make it a very pretty Valentine. Love that double heart design inside. I too have been mourning society's loss of tolerance, decency, respect, common sense--I could go on with a very long list.

Lynette said...

Oh, your card is SO pretty, Cheryl!! I love the die, and I love that you finish your cards off so nicely inside, too. Hopefully, at some point, someone will learn. I wish our country well.

Glittered Paws said...

Such a pretty card - love the die you used and then popping a small heart on top of a heart really makes it pop. All I could do last week was watch the carnage that was happening at our capitol. Really scary stuff praying for a smooth transition.