Wish List

Friday, June 12, 2020

Twofer Card Challenge #28: Circles/Bubbles...


The most recent Twofer Card Challenge of Circles/Bubbles immediately caught my attention because I knew I had a circle die that I had never used. So, I'm not only entering the following cards into the Twofer Card Challenge, I'm also entering them into Darnell's June NBUS Challenge.


For both of my cards I used the circle die that cuts the cluster of circles you see on the right. For my seascape card, I used the die-cut as a stencil to ink in the bubbles coming from my fish. I actually added some Wink of Stella to the bubbles but it's just impossible to capture on my camera.


I started this card by heat-embossing the sentiment. The stamp is not a good quality one, so I had a little trouble getting it to look okay. This is an anniversary card for my husband, so it really doesn't have to be perfect. I know he'll like it, no matter what.

My sister sent me several of the die-cuts on this card--the net, jellyfish and starfish. It's so fun to be able to share die-cuts with each other. I just wish we lived closer so we could craft together more often.

I cut the fish and the conch shell using some dies I had on hand.

I also used a water stencil to lightly add some waves in the background.



I tried taking an angled photo to catch the sparkle on the bubbles, but no luck! You can see a bit of the sparkle on the jellyfish, though. My sister cut it from white glitter cardstock.








My second card is a simple thank you card, using the cluster of circles as a design element. I added a few sequins to some of the circles for a bit of sparkle and contrast.

The sentiment was cut from the same glitter cardstock as the circles.

I'm so glad the Twofer Card Challenge pushed me into using this NBUS circle die. Now I just have to come up with a few more ways to use it!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. The weather is perfect here, so I plan to do some weeding in my flower beds and other yard work.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

Lynette said...

So clever, Cheryl! Both cards are great. You are so lucky your sister likes card-making, too. How fun to be able to share things. Too bad, like you said, that she doesn't live closer.

Anonymous said...

Great cards, glad you got use the die cuts, if you need more let me know.mkw

designbydonna said...

Clever use of the circle die. I have not used them as stencils but what a great idea to get more use of dies. I love that fish sentiment. You are right, your husband will like it. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both of those cards are wonderful! You did a great job with the twofer challenge and getting to use them for the second challenge as well!

Viv said...

Two great cards - your sea scene is lovely.
I really like your thank you card - using glitter card for the circles and the sentiment was really cool!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh WOW - you nailed this twofer girl. I have never done that challenge - but really need to consider it. Have a good weekend working outside. It is beautiful here today in South East MO. as well.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love both your cards! The underwater scene is so gorgeous and I can imagine the shimmer of the bubbles!
Your thank you card is elegant and feminine with the ribbon and sequins. Great twofer!

Darnell said...

I have every confidence that you will come up with many more creative ways to use it, Cheryl! These are both so fun! I love that sweet anniversary sediment for your nautical card, the pretty sunfish, and how you stenciled the waves, added and winked the fish bubbles, and added all the sweet ocean bits! Happy Anniversary and many more! Your second thank you design is so pretty with the glittery paper and bling, all wrapped up in a bow! Keep well and thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

These are wonderful Twofer cards, Cheryl! I know exactly what you mean about your sister. My crafty sister, Sue, lives 5 hours north of me, and we just don't have enough time together to play with our stashes!! Love those sea-themed dies she sent; they work so well with your sweet anniversary card. So clever to use the die as a stencil for fishy bubbles! And I'm loving that net, too!! Very pretty thank you card, as well! The bit of ribbon above your circle cluster is really eye catching. Thank you so much for joining us at The Twofer Challenge! Bev