Wish List

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hangin' with my gnomie...

While I don't much care for gnome figurines for the house or garden, I sure do like gnome die-cuts. Here's an unbranded Christmas gnome that I think is super cute.

I love his striped leggings and sleeves, although those die-cut pieces are so tiny, they can be a little tricky to color and assemble.

I embossed my green flag banner with one of the snowflake EFs I have in my Christmas supplies and highlighted each snowflake with a glitter pen. You can't really see the glitter in this photo, but it adds a nice bit of sparkle.

My sentiment was die-cut from foam board, so it has great dimension. The stiffness of the foam board also makes delicate sentiments like this much easier to glue into place.


I popped my gnome up on foam tape to give him a little dimension, too. I've also added some glittery embossing paste to the fur areas on his hat.

I added a tiny bit of shading to his mustache with a gray alcohol marker to give it some definition.



On the inside of my card I've added a mat (from the same DSP as on the front) and stamped a sentiment.

Because the sentiment didn't stamp as evenly as I would have liked, I went over each letter with a glitter pen. This evened it out quite a bit and added some nice sparkle.

I intend to make a few more cards like this when I have some time to cut and fiddle with the gnome die-set. I'll probably use some different papers and maybe add some holly die-cuts, too. I only have about 20 Christmas cards left to make, so I'm definitely ahead of schedule.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Your Santa gnome is a cute little guy. Nice choice of papers. Wow, you only need 20 more Christmas cards? That is fantastic.

Glittered Paws said...

Love the gnomies, I just made a card using them and I have another set that I want to work with hopefully later today. The Santa gnome is just to cute - and you are right the strip stockings just make him. Great Christmas card to add to your collection.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

As soon as I saw the card I had a big smile....something I needed. It's a really cute Christmas card!

Lynette said...

Oh how cute, Cheryl!! I can't imagine working with all those tiny little pieces, though. :) Great job of getting your Christmas cards almost finished. I have quite a pile, but probably have about thirty to go. I'm ahead (a tiny bit) with my calendars, though. I finally got caught up with them the last three days.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

An adorable gnome Christmas card and you always manage to find such great sentiments to complement your cards. take care Michelle x