Wish List

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

You are fabulous...

My granddaughter has a birthday coming up this month, and this is the card I made for her:


I started with a rectangular kraft panel on which I stenciled a butterfly pattern using some off-white ink. Before removing the stencil, I spritzed my design with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. It really is pretty IRL, but not at all noticeable in photos.


I die-cut the word "fabulous" from some gold packaging. It was pretty thick stuff, so it had some very nice dimension to it.

To complete my sentiment, I heat-embossed "you are" with gold EP on some black cardstock, and simply used a scissors to cut a rectangle around the words.




On the inside of my card I used a black mat, just as I had done on the front, and heat-embossed my stamped sentiment. Once again, I used gold EP.

A final touch was to use a gold Viva Decor pen to add some dimensional dots to the butterfly bodies on the front of the card. I confess, I tried to add some dots using just a gold gel pen, but they looked ridiculous. Thank goodness the Viva Decor pen saved the day.

I actually really like how this card turned out. I wasn't so sure when I first started, but once done I felt good about it. It was simple enough to do, and the gold elements give it some pizzaz. Just right for a young lady on her birthday, don't you think?

There was a horrible tornado in central Tennessee last night. Seven people were killed. I have a friend and former co-worker who lives in one of the areas that was hardest hit, and I was so happy to get a message from her this morning that she and her husband are fine and their house is still intact. Their daughter's house had been damaged, but thankfully the daughter was unhurt. Please keep the families affected by this storm in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty card. I really love the white butterflies on kraft paper. Your gold touches are just the right touch. I am sure your granddaughter will love it.

Hannelie said...

This is beautiful Cheryl ! Love the touches of gold!

Glittered Paws said...

Perfect - birthday card - I get hung up on birthday cards sometimes and really try to out think myself. But this one is very nice. I am sure your grand daughter will love it. I just sent my grand daughter her birthday card - without taking a picture - so will have to make another one. Have a great weekend.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh I LOVE this Cheryl, bet it's a stunner in real life with all your shimmer and gold!
Yes, we heard about the tornardos on our news, I'm sure they are an absolutely terrifying experience - glad to hear your friend was safe x

Lynette said...

Yes, it IS just right for a young lady on her birthday:) Perfect!

Jeanne H said...

A lovely card!