Wish List

Friday, March 27, 2020

Colorful foam flowers...

My sister shared with me a pretty card she had made by die-cutting some flowers out of thin foam and then using her heat gun to shape them. Since I have had some thin foam sitting in my stash for months, I decided to give it a try, as well.


I cut out 5 different sizes of my flower shape--three of the larger ones for the petals and two for the yellow centers. I also cut out some leaf shapes and inked some veins through the die. The thin foam that I had on hand was brightly colored so I didn't do any other inking.

I held each layer with a tweezer while using my heat gun to heat the foam a bit. I did this from a couple of inches away and made sure to keep my heat gun moving evenly over the layer as it shrank and curled a bit. I continued to shape them with my fingers while they were still warm. I did the same with my leaves.



When that was done, I glued all my layers together and adhered them to my card with a hot glue gun.

My sentiment was heat-embossed onto my die-cut circle.







I decided to make this card a Mother's Day card and used a couple of different stamps for my inside sentiment.

Because of the bulkiness of my flowers, this card will need a box-type envelope, which I will make for it.

As another somewhat crafty endeavor today, I am going to make some noodles. There were none on the shelves in the store, so I will use my hand-crank noodle maker (which actually works really well) to make some noodles of varying widths and lengths. I have a particular recipe I want to make that calls for extra-wide noodles, so I'll be giving that a try this weekend.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Patti J said...

These are beautiful! What a pretty card! Thanks for brightening up this rainy night! Hugs...

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Those are such beautiful flowers! When I saw them they immedidately reminded me of flowers made of frosting on a cake. Very pretty!

designbydonna said...

Those flowers look so real. I bought some foam at Dollar Store but haven't tried anything with it yet. You've inspired me to try some flowers today.
Funny story about noodles, My Mom visited a friend who had made tons of noodles and was drying them on a clean sheet on top of the guest room bed. Her was babysitting her grandchildren. While visiting with my Mom, they heard the kids giggling. They went to check and found the kids tossing the noodles all over the room.

Lynette said...

Oh, such pretty flowers, Cheryl! What a great idea! I hope your noodles turned out awesomely. I bet they did:) I used to have a pasta maker, but I gave it to our daughter-in-law a few years ago.

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh that's so pretty Cheryl, I LOVE the effect you got with your flowers. Hope the noodle making went well, we seem to be short of rice/pasta in our stores too x

Glittered Paws said...

What petty flowers - I have not tried this technique - with some "free" time on my hands I think I will have to try this. Homemade noodles - my mom used to make them and I remember delicious. We are being very inventive in our cooking.