Wish List

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Easter gatefold...

I've had some pre-made gatefold card blanks sitting around for a few years, so I decided to use one of them for an Easter card.


The card base was pink, so I picked out some pretty DSP (Stampin' Up) and went to work.


I found some matching cardstock and used an unbranded die to cut a fancy oval and some flowers. I also cut some leaves from some gray cardstock

I inked the petals of my flowers before shaping them and gluing them together. The flower centers are gray Nuvo Drops. I also did a little inking on the edges of my fancy oval.

My sentiment was heat-embossed with silver embossing powder.



In my Easter card parts collection was this stamped sentiment on a large, shaped label. I decided to add it to the inside of my card since the words nicely reflected the sentiment on the front of my card.

Even though it seemed like I pulled this card together with card parts, I really liked how it turned out.










I think spring has truly come to Minnesota. Yesterday was a beautiful day so my DH and I went for a bike ride around Lake Nokomis, which is quite near our house.


You can see in this pic that the trees have not yet leafed out, but our Maples are actually starting to do that. I think the lilac bush will soon get leaves, as well. They're usually very early to leaf out in this part of the country. I also noticed that our rhubarb is up. I love any and all rhubarb recipes and can't wait to make some sauce, bread, cake, etc. with it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful Easter card - love your pretty little shaped flowers. We took the dogs for a walk - our trees are leafing out - the wild dogwoods are blooming - as well as some early redbuds. My hubby says that is a sign of good crappie fishing. And I do love the fresh crappie. Nice to get out and enjoy some spring weather.

designbydonna said...

Simply gorgeous card. I love everything about this, the colors, the flowers, the gatefold. All in all, a really special card. In southern IN, we have red bud trees beginning to bloom, the daffodils are out. This morning, I noticed a tulip bud, now if the squirrel and rabbit will let it alone.

Lynette said...

Another beauty. Yep, a few nice days lately - good for walking. Not so much today, though!