Wish List

Friday, January 31, 2020

Happy birthday to a pre-teen...

Yesterday my granddaughter turned 12 years old. She is a beautiful young girl and is definitely a preteen, loving all the things that girls this age love.

This is the card I made to send along with her gift:


This is one of the twist and pop cards. I love making these cards, and I think they're a lot of fun for the recipient to open.


Since I also had my Valentine-making supplies out, I decided to use some of the conversation heart dies. They fit perfectly in the windows of my frame die and added three small sentiments to my card front.






 





 


Then I picked out an assortment of dies and sentiments to add to the top of the card (Happy Birthday) and to each of the four panels that pop out when you open the card.  I knew I wanted to use a butterfly on at least one of the panels in keeping with the pattern on the front, but after that I just looked for something celebratory that would work. For my die-cuts, I used the colors of the butterflies on the front of the card.

Using die-cuts on these panels is a fun way to use up some scraps, too.

When making these pop-out cards, I have found that rounding all the corners on the four panels makes them pop out and fold back in so much better.








The gift was made by die-cutting a square, then adding a strip of gold CS and a die-cut bow for the ribbon. Super easy!

The balloons were extra dies that came with a frame die. They're quite small, but the perfect size for one of these panels.

I spoke with my granddaughter yesterday and she was having a great day. She said she'd be celebrating with friends and family into the weekend.

They just grow up too fast, don't they?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Fun card. I love the pop outs too. Pretty selection of colors. My oldest granddaughter turns 16 this month. Guess I better get busy making her a card.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, I'm sure she absolutely loved her card! I love the colours you used and your layout is fabulous. I agree, they do grow up way too fast - my niece will be 10 this year, it's no time at all since she was a baby!

Glittered Paws said...

Yes they do grow up way too fast. I haven't made a pop and twist card in a long long time, I would have to go back and look at my instructions. I have a great grand daughter turning 7 next week - she is into cheer leading so I have to find a cheer leader image. Love the way you decorated the panels inside and will certainly follow your hint of rounding the corners.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Your granddaughter must have loved this card. So much thought went into it and it is perfect for a preteen! Are there directions somewhere for making these?