Wish List

Friday, January 10, 2020

Another card with coordinating box...


As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been busy making Valentine's and little boxes for the thrift store where I volunteer. I used an assortment of dies for both of the items in the picture above, but I have to say, I LOVE that little treat box die. It's so perfect for Valentine's Day.

The nice thing about this die is that it has all four sides on the die. Oftentimes, a treat box die will have only two sides, and you need to cut it twice and then glue them together.This die cuts the whole shebang out in one pass. Love that!

Once I had cut out the box shape, I cut four red squares to back the heart designs on each side. You wouldn't have to do this if you didn't mind being able to see whatever it was you put inside. I just thought that customers at the thrift store might like to have the contents in the box hidden until the box was opened. Also, I like the contrast of the white against the red.




I don't recall where I got my pretty heart and "Love" dies. My die collection is getting so big that I have given up trying to keep track of where they come from.

I used some of the little hearts from the center of the big heart to also decorate the card.

On the inside of my card I stamped a simple sentiment for the occasion.

This sentiment originally came all in a single line of type. With a little surgery, I cut it apart to make two lines--and to make a better fit for the inside panels of my cards.

Well, another weekend is upon us. I hope to get a few more Valentines made and finish up a project I've been working on for my husband--editing five manuals for companies who want to begin exporting their products. Editing those manuals is a bit out of my comfort zone, so it's been somewhat of a struggle for me. I've done a lot of editing in my professional life, but nothing like these manuals!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Love everything about this card. Alll the elements add up to make a very pretty card. Love the wonky stitched square. Great accent making the "o" in love into a heart. And that box is a gift in itself with the added bonus of finding something inside. Wish I lived closer, I would like to shop in your thrift store.

Lynette said...

I love the valentine, and that box is awesome!

Glittered Paws said...

The Valentine Box is adorable - hmmm I can think of a pretty piece of jewelry as in an engagement ring in that little box. And the Valentine card is very nice, love the shape of the heart.
Editing would not be my cup of tea - most of the time I can't even edit my comments. LOL Have a great weekend.