Wish List

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Reworked birthday card...

This card was either one that my sister gave me from the stack of supplies she bought from a former cardmaker or it came from the thrift store. I'm not sure which, as I got some half-finished cards from both sources.


I was able to salvage most of this card--even the card base. I simply added a few sequins and some Wink of Stella to "It's Your Day."


I liked the way the banners were at different heights. It gave the front of the card lots of dimension.


















Here you can see the Wink of Stella on the sentiment phrase.
















The inside of the card was blank, so I needed to finish it off.  To mirror the polka-dotted scalloped border on the front of the card, I cut some scalloped borders to edge my sentiment panel. The sentiment is a Woodware stamp.

The red, white and black color combo on this card makes it very dramatic. I'll have to find just the right person to give this one to!

Do you ever remake cards--either your own or cards from others? Do you enjoy it as much as making them from scratch?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - love all the banner - they just seem to float. Great job on reworking a card.

Lynne in NI said...

Fab card Cheryl, love all those striking DPs used together. I rarely remake a card, I find it so difficult!

Lynette said...

I hadn't remade cards until about a year ago. I brought home some of my cards from church that hadn't sold. I tossed some of them, and used parts of some on other cards. In fact, I have a couple finished that I just took pictures of to post on my blog:) On a rare occasion, I have used parts of store-bought cards, too, especially thank you cards.