Wish List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Pretty Autumn colors...

This is an especially lovely time of year in Minnesota, with all the trees (especially those Sugar Maples!) displaying their pretty Autumn colors.


This is a photo my husband took of the Mississippi River on his way home from work the other day.


A few weeks ago, when I was looking forward to our "peak leaf season," I made these cards. The jewel-toned, glitter-infused mats were all cut from a very old 4" X 6" paperstack that I have had for years and years. It's quite heavy cardstock and really pretty IRL. I used an old wooden stamp for the sentiment, heat embossing it with gold EP.


I'm honestly not sure where I cut out the doily. It could have been at my sister's or at my crafting friend Lynette's. I should have written on the back side of each one where I cut them! I love it, though, and it seemed just right for this card.

The leaves were also die-cut (not sure of the brand). I inked the edges, drew on some veins and added a little sparkle with a Spectrum Noir clear glitter brush pen.









Here's a little better look at those leaves. I think you can see the glitter if you look closely and twist your head just so. :)


















The inside of my card was stamped with a wooden stamp that I picked up at the thrift shop. Isn't it a nice sentiment? I have a small Recollections maple leaf punch, and used it for the leaf on the inside.

That is it for me today. I woke up this morning with a cold, so I'm nursing that in hopes that it is short-lived.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Beautiful fall colors. I love the doilies. They remind me of a pretty serving plate that my grandmother had. Our leaves are just beginning to turn. We have had dry, hot weather for too long, I don't think it will be very pretty this year. Pretty picture of the river and trees.

Lynette said...

First off, I sure do hope that your cold is short-lived! Bummer. The picture of the river is so pretty! Your card is wonderful. Just goes to show that we don't really need all the new stuff! :) The die must be from your sister's house, because I don't have that one. It's a very cool one, though!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful cards for Thanksgiving, and the doily is beautiful. I "think" I might have some doilies dies in my collection someplace. The picture of the river is absolutely beautiful. Here in southern MO. the leaves are just starting to turn. I'm going to St. Louis on Monday so hope to see some pretty colors on my way.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, your hubby has such a good view on his work commute!! I see very little on mine, though that's mainly because my nose is usually stuck in a book ;)
You've made some really pretty cards with your beautiful leaves, love how you added the shading and the little veins x

Patti J said...

These are gorgeous! And I love your photo of the Mississippi! Our Missouri colors wont be quite so vivid this year. Leaves are already falling off, leaving trees bare....ugh. Not ready for winter!