Wish List

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #151: Put Some Extra Layers On...

As the weather starts to cool down, we all need to put some extra layers on, and that's what this month's challenge at Let's Craft and Create is all about. I usually have at least one extra layer on my cards, but oftentimes, not more than that, so I had to give this challenge some thought!


This is a card I made for my brother's birthday. He drives an older, navy blue pickup that looks similar to this one. The pickup is an unbranded die, and I created the gift in the bed of the truck by using a small square die and a bow from another die set.



If you look closely, you'll see that I've added some vellum behind the window openings to give the appearance of glass.






For some extra layers, I added the matted red DSP behind the pickup. I also put a green mat layer behind my sentiment label.

 On the inside of my card, I also added some extra layers: a red mat behind my sentiment panel, along with a strip of DSP and green CS.













Now it's your turn to "add some extra layers." I think those layers add a nice finished look to our projects, even though they may take a little extra time. Be sure to link your project to the challenge over on the Let's Craft and Create blog.  See you there!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Personal cards are always so special - I bet he recognized his truck:) Very cool.

designbydonna said...

Great card. I bet your brother is impressed that you matched his truck. I'm sure this was intentional but your directional arrows point in the direction the truck is going. Sometimes I don't think of those details and then wonder what is wrong with this picture.

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome - and navy blue pickup, I have a truck dye - never thought of making a card to match hubby's truck. Love the vellum windows. I know that your brother will love his card.

Lynne in NI said...

What a fab personalised card for your brother, great idea to add your windows too!