Wish List

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Have a boot, scootin' birthday...

Today's cards are ones I made for a couple of the masculine types in my family.


 Isn't this a fun card? I created the sentiment on my computer and simply cut it out.

The burlap panel was from a burlap stack (just like a paper stack) that my daughter gave me a few years ago. I cut it to size and then removed a few of the threads on each side to create the fringe.


I used one of my makeup brushes to add some ink shading to the hat. I also used a dark brown pen to highlight some of the design elements.









I used a black pen on the boots to darken the sole and heel and some of the edging. I also used a gold metallic pen on the fancy designs on the side of each boot.

















Here's another form of the same card--this time using DSP on the front instead of burlap.


I used the same sentiment on the insides of both cards. For the second card, I added a little strip of border punched DSP at the bottom.

I loved making these cards. The burlap was especially fun. It was easy enough to adhere with some strong double-sided adhesive like Score Tape or red-line tape.

Now I've got to think of some other ideas for using these cowboy boots and hat. They're such great (unbranded) dies with a lot of detail.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great cards for the men in your life. That is a really clever sentiment for the celebration.

Glittered Paws said...

Awesome man card - you do so well on masculine card. Love the hat as well as the boots. I thinnk I am going to have to look for a cowboy hat die.

Lynette said...

Great cards, Cheryl. I love the boots and your colored them so perfectly!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love these Cheryl! That burlap is such a clever idea and the little boots are fab!