Wish List

Monday, August 5, 2019

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #150: enTWINEd (use twine) or Anything Goes option...

Today is the start of challenge #150 at Let's Craft and Create, so dig out some of that twine you haven't used in forever and create something fun.

I decided to use some twine as a kite tail on a birthday card. I'm always trying to come up with ideas for masculine cards, and I thought this layout would work for that purpose.


I made my kite from two 1" squares and two 1" X 2" rectangles of DSP. I cut them diagonally, each piece making two triangles, and glued four of the pieces onto some brown cardstock to create my kite. I kept my triangles spaced apart a tiny bit to create the illusion of the kite frame.


I used a circle mask to create a partial circle of clouds. Once I had my mask in place, I created the clouds by using a makeup brush to lightly sponge some pale blue ink against a torn piece of cardstock. Note that the cardstock was purposely torn into a sort of scalloped edge which helped create the fluffy look of clouds. I kept moving and changing the angle of my torn cardstock until I had the look I wanted.

My baker's twine was taped to the back of the kite before the kite was adhered to my card front with foam dots. The tail is kept in place on the card with tiny amounts of glue in a just a few places.

The little bows were hand cut, and I gave them each a red Nuvo Drop "knot." They also help hold the tail in place.













The sentiments on the front and inside of my card were computer-generated. I used the "Fresh Start" font for the black words and "Adios Amigos" for the red words. "Adios Amigos" is a fun font that fades out certain parts of letters. I thought it worked well on this card.

Now I hope you'll head right over to Let's Craft and Create to see what the rest of the design team has created. I think you'll be inspired to join in on the fun. Who knows? You may be our next prize winner!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love lots about this card. Your clouds are awesome. The computer fonts are great choices. Great way to make a kite if you don't have a stamp or die cut for one. You really "soar" with this one.

Glittered Paws said...

Well how darn cute is this - I just used some twine on a BD card a couple of weeks ago but on a balloon. We getin such a rut of thinking wine ribbon etc is used only for bows. Not. Great card for a boy.

Lynne in NI said...

Cool card Cheryl! I love how you masked off your clouds, they look fabulous x

Words and Pictures said...

Love the pop of dimension you've given to the kite - what a fun card.
Alison x