Wish List

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

The merry bells keep ringing...


I made these two cards out of some leftover card bases from a wedding invitation kit. They were intended to be long, narrow, flat card bases with the fancy flap at the top that would fold over top of an added piece of vellum. There is a pre-made hole where the little red ribbon is.


I simply scored the cardstock at 4 1/4" from the bottom and folded it up and under the flap. I cut a slightly smaller piece of Christmas paper and glued it on along with the word "joy" (Tim Holtz/Sizzix).


I added a couple of die-cuts to the top. The bells are a Cottage Cutz die, but I'm not sure about the green sprig. I adhered the bells with a red brad and added some red Nuvo drops for berries to the sprig.


Here's a look at the inside. You can see where my brad prongs came through the little hole in the fancy top flap.

I have now used up all of these card bases that were left in the kit. They ended up being A2 size cards, so I could just use some of the envelopes I already had on hand.

It's so great to get a head start on Christmas cards. Every once in a while, I look through them, just to remind myself what I have made. I usually recount them, too, just to make sure how many I still have to make. Silly, isn't it?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both really cute. I love that card fold. How fortunate to be able to repurpose other cards. I am partial to holly. Our neighbor has 2 holy trees in his yard. They are so pretty with the red berries on them. Those gold bells are a great addition to the holly strand. So great that you have a good start on Christmas cards..

Glittered Paws said...

You have a very good head start on your Christmas cards. I love when you can re-purpose stuff you already have in your collection. These made up into beautiful cards.

Lynne in NI said...

LOL glad to hear I'm not the only one counts my Christmas cards ;)
Beautiful cards - your dies are gorgeous and love that fancy fold too :)

Lynette said...

I just love the bells and the holly! Such beautiful cards.