Wish List

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #147: Motherly Love, with an option of Anything Goes...

The second Sunday in May is when we honor our mothers in the USA. It's also when mothers are honored in Canada and most European countries, as well as in Australia, New Zealand, India, China, Japan, the Philippines and South Africa.

The Design Team at Let's Craft and Create is recognizing mothers by inviting you to join in our latest challenge #147: Motherly Love (or you can always enter via the option of Anything Goes).


To help inspire you to join in the fun, I have created a double z-fold card with a belly band closure. When it's all closed up, the card measures 4" X 6".


I started with a piece of cardstock (red floral on one side, green polka dot on the other) that was 6" X 12". I scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10". Then I made a mark at the center (3") of each end and cut at an angle from the left 3" mark to the 4" score line at the top and from the right 3" mark to the 8" score line at the top. I used the pieces that I cut away (green polka dot) to embellish the bottom of my card.



I had fun decorating the interior of my card with some cute little tags (Sizzix die). I inked the edges of each tag, added some fun sentiments and images from various stamp sets, and finished them off with little twine bows.













My favorite part to make for this card was the belly band.


I love these open flowers and leaves (unbranded dies). They add color and dimension without overpowering the sentiment. I've added a flat-backed pearl to each flower center.


Here's a final look at my card and it's belly band. Now I hope you'll head over to Let's Craft and Create to see what the other Design Team members have cooked up to inspire you. You'll also want to check out the prize that is being offered to the winner of this month's challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wow, gorgeous card. I love the colors. The z fold makes it look so elaborate. I like that belly band idea to hold the card closed.

Lynette said...

What a fabulous card! I really need to do some "special fold" cards or something else different. Maybe when you come over we'll plan something:)

Glittered Paws said...

A double Z fold - I don't think I have seen one of those before but love it. I think cards with belly bands are very nice, holds it shut nicely.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow Cheryl, now that looks fabulous and very complicated!! I'm so boring, mine are always square or rectangular!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've made several of this style of card and they are fun. I typically make A2 cards but have been challenging myself recently to make some different folds. (I see you are a friend of Lynette. She and I belong to a group who will be getting together in a few weeks.)