Wish List

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Thinking pink...


I'm not sure why it is, but I love Christmas cards that feature the color pink. I had a few scraps of these pretty papers--most of them leftovers from last year's card-making frenzy--so I decided to use them for this year's cards, too.''


These papers came with a magazine last year. They have such soft, pretty colors and are perfectly coordinated. My little pink poinsettia was made with a Marianne Creatables die set. Instead of using the tiny die that cuts the center stamens, I opted to put a little yellow gem there instead.

My wavy, scalloped die and sentiment is unbranded.


My card interior is pretty plain. Just a couple of pink strips along each side of my sentiment panel.

The sentiment stamp is from an unbranded Christmas set.













The paper with the children playing in the snow is one of the last pieces of this particular pattern from a 6" X 6" paper stack. I don't recall who makes the paper stack, but it's old and most likely no longer available anyway.  The pink paper is from Stampin' Up.

My little mittens were stamped and cut with a Sizzix stamp and die set.

I matted my inside sentiment with the same turquoise cardstock that I had used on the front. To add a little interest, I also stamped a pretty snowflake and added some sparkle to it with a glitter pen (even though you can't see it!).

It's been fun creating Christmas cards (I make 85 of them), but I will--once again--resolve to get more of them done ahead of time in 2019. I feel stressed when December nears and I don't have enough of them in my card box.

I also make my own gift tags, write and print a Christmas letter and create a 2019 calendar with family photos and all the birthdays and anniversaries included on it. Once the calendar is created and printed, I bind 10 of them with my Zutter Bind-It-All.

All of that is just to say, I seem to do a LOT of creating at Christmas time, and it gets a little overwhelming at times.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love the choice of pink for Christmas cards. It is softer and calmer than the bright reds and greens. Pretty cards. Again, I love that wavy banner.

Lynette said...

These cards are both so pretty, too, Cheryl. I make about 80 cards, but I do get them done throughout the year. My calendars got backed up a bit this year, but I got caught up and finished them in October. Whew! I wish you the best in getting everything done and still having some time to enjoy the season!!

Lynne in NI said...

Wow that is a lot of crafting girl!!!!! Do you sleep? ;) Your calendar is a great idea, bet your family love to receive them. Love the pinkness of these cards.

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty in pink - and I love the little children playing in the snow. Again another great idea!!! I am just about to finish up my cards for this year, I procrastinated this year for some reason.