Wish List

Friday, November 30, 2018

Still working on Christmas cards...


I found some "card parts" from last year and decided to use them this year, rather than letting them to languish for yet another year.


My first card features this sentiment, which was actually cut from a purchased card that I received last year. I dressed it up the tiniest bit by die-cutting a tiny star from glitter cardstock and popping it up on the outlined star that was already there. I thought about adding a little more glitter to some of the words, but ended up leaving it as is.

After Christmas, I always go through my cards looking for parts that can be used the following year. Sometimes I use these parts as I have done here, but more often, I use them to make gift tags. If I receive handmade cards, I always save those. I have a box of them that I look through from time to time for inspiration.


This snowman was a die-cut that I had made with an unbranded die set. The eyes and buttons were made with Nuvo drops.













The inside of this card is pretty simple with a stamped sentiment and a strip of patterned paper added for a little interest.













For my second card, I cut this chalkboard sentiment from a piece of patterned cardstock that was filled with different sentiments and images. This was the only one that was the right size and could be cleanly cut from the page. I added some sparkle to the snowflake with a glitter pen and three dark pink enamel dots as berries on the holly.

I matted my rectangle in pink to give it a more finished look.







I have a die set (unbranded) that makes these little layered flags. I used some of the same pink cardstock as the mat for the top layer with black CS underneath.




The inside of this card is very simple, with just a stamped bit of holly with pink berries.

I always feel really good when I can use up some of my "card parts"--especially those that have been hanging around for a year or more!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great cards. I always save cards I have received and use parts the next year to make some "upcycled" cards.

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl! I never think to hold back my cards from last year to upcycle them x

Glittered Paws said...

Love your idea of "recycling" pretty card parts/pictures. I too save all of my handmade cards - as I know how much work goes in on these. I will have to go through my cards after Christmas this year. TFS

Lynette said...

How great to recycle! Your cards are really cool.