Wish List

Friday, November 9, 2018

Polka-dotted cards...

I was asked by a fellow thrift store volunteer to make some cards for her that she could use in her other volunteer work with a local police force. She needed some congratulations cards to give to officers who received awards or promotions and some blank cards for other purposes.

The thrift store had given me some polka-dotted card blanks, so I used those to make a few cards for her.

These cards were quick to make because the layout is so simple, and I think they'll work for both male and female officers.  "Congratulations" was cut out of white cardstock with a die, but I have no idea anymore who makes it. I know there are a lot of similar dies out there, though.

These feather cards had no sentiment, so they could be used for any occasion. In looking at the photo, I think I should have done a bit of inking on the pink and blue feathers.

All of these cards had just a white liner inside to make it easier to write and read a personal note.

Finally, I needed some thank you notes for my own personal use, so a few of the white polka-dotted card blanks worked perfectly to make those.

The doily die is by Hero Arts. Isn't it pretty? It is one that I got at the thrift store. I think I'll get lots of use out of it. I heat embossed "Thank You" with gold embossing powder, and then popped my banner up on foam tape.

It is cold here today--we had some light snow during the night. I guess winter has more or less arrived, and there'll be no more jacketless days until Spring. The only good thing about that is we'll be able to enjoy some nice fires in the fireplace.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look good, you have been busy!mkw

Lynette said...

Yeah, it's kind of nasty cold out there, isn't it??? Much too early.

Your cards are great. So kind of you to make them. I just made a card this morning using the same "congratulations" die:) I needed a retirement card.

designbydonna said...

Great selection of cards. I really love that doily behind the thank you. We've been watching Minnesota football game and see the snow really coming down. BRRR!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the polka dot cards - and talk about CAS - I especially love the feather card. The doily die is to "die" for. Very pretty. We have had just a bit f snow on Friday but more is forecast for tomorrow. We heat with wood so we have a nice fire going in the wood stove. The fur babies "argue" about who is going to lay in front of the stove. Have a good week.